Departmental/Interdepartmental Enrichment meetings are intended to build relationships within and between departments, for the purposes of planning, reviewing, prioritizing, and improving patient and family-centered care and the physicians’ work environment.
As per the MOU, the Society cannot fund sessional hours for meetings that are required for hospital privileges. If claiming CME credits for this activity you are not eligible for sessional reimbursement.
Meeting Leads must complete the online form prior to participants submitting claims for the meeting.
Meeting participants must log into FEMS to submit their claim for reimbursement (click on the ‘Submit a Claim’ button at the top of this page for a direct link to FEMS).
- Sessional time may be reimbursed up to a maximum of 2 hours per meeting per participant.
- Networking or social events are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Meetings could be hosted within a department or between departments to improve collaborative patient care. The society will fund room rental charges; AV support costs; and meal expenses (up to $75 per plate, receipts required) plus a maximum $500 honorarium for a speaker, which includes expenses.
- Facility Engagement events of longer duration or those involving catering and room rentals require pre-approval; please contact the VJHPS Project Manager to discuss further.
- Claims must be submitted within 90 days of the date of the activity.