The intention of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Regional and Local Engagement is to strengthen the relationships and engagement between VJH medical staff and our Health Authority leadership.
To support this, the VJHPS Executive and Working Group are tasked with finding ways to:
- Improve communication and relationships among the medical staff so their views are more effectively represented
- Prioritize issues that significantly affect physicians and patient care
- Support medical staff contributions to the development and achievement of health authority plans and initiatives that directly affect physicians
- Have meaningful interactions between the medical staff and health authority leaders, including physicians in formal HA medical leadership roles
- Encourage our members to put forward ideas for funding to help set priorities for the upcoming year which improve our physician work environment and/or patient care.
Participation is open to medical staff with Vernon Jubilee Hospital privileges and who are members of the MSA. Members include specialists, general physicians, dentists, midwives, and nurse practitioners.
As well, all members are welcome to join the VJH Physician Society’s Working Group, who meet monthly to review activities and their progress. The Working Group is made up of a representative from each Department but additional medical staff who are interested in participating are most welcome. Please contact your Department Head to learn more about the Working Group and upcoming meetings.
1. Join our Working Group and effect change at VJH.
2. Submit activities for funding.
3. Contact us to receive email updates
4. Give us feedback on how to impact positive change.
5. Register in FEMS and VoPay and get reimbursed.
- Click here for instructions on how to sign up for FEMS
- Click here for instructions on how to sign up for VoPay (direct deposit e-transfer system)
To learn more about current Facility Engagement activities at VJH, click here
Our MSA created the Vernon Jubilee Hospital Physician Society (Working Group), enabling us to receive and manage funds, up to $400,000 per annum, from the Doctors of BC Specialist Services Committee (SSC) to carry out Facility Engagement activities at our hospital.
Funding is made available to VJHPS to
- Identify and prioritize issues/activities that affect VJH departments and to work with Interior Health on these activities
- Fund medical staff endorsed activities that involve physicians in decision-making and pay sessional time for physicians working on activities/committees
- Enable funds for expenses, sessional reimbursement and hiring consultants for data analysis and/or project management to execute the activities.
This will vary depending on the nature of each Activity. Some activities are completed within several months, while others may take up to a year. The Activity Lead would be delighted to take any questions you might have; contact the VJHPS Project Manager and she will put you in touch with each Lead.