In 2016, the Vernon Jubilee Hospital MSA – physicians, dentists, midwives, and nurse practitioners with hospital privileges – created the VJH Physician Society (VJHPS), enabling us to receive and manage funds from the Doctors of BC Specialist Services Committee to carry out Facility Engagement activities at our hospital.
Vision: VJHPS is an agent of positive change and an effective partner within the B.C. Health Care System.
Mission: The VJHPS, which represents physicians, dentists, midwives, and nurse practitioners with privileges, acts to engage IH to improve patient care and physicians’ wellbeing, by developing solutions, streamlining systems, and promoting collaboration and open professional dialogue with key stakeholders.
Strategic Goals of the Society:
- Identify physician engagement opportunities to ensure the views of the medical staff are effectively communicated.
- Identify, prioritize and address mutually agreed upon initiatives, with respect to improving the work environment, patient care and other matters which directly affect the medical staff and patients of the Vernon Jubilee Hospital.
- Meaningfully interact, collaborate, and communicate with Interior Health.
2019/2020 Top Three Priorities:
- Recruitment and Retention of physicians, dentists and midwives
- Physician Wellness
- Obtaining more control over our environment
- Improving physician involvement in policy and decision making with both VJH Local Administration and IHA.
- Opportunity to work with local VJH Admin, IHA Senior Executive, and Board around capital planning – Capital Equipment LEADS
Given the above information, please answer the following questions:
TAKE THE SURVEY