DATE: November 17 – 18, 2022
TYPE: Virtual, Facilitated
DURATION: 2 days – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm each day
Accredited for 13 section 1 credits with the Royal College and CFPC.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The culture of health care tends to view leadership as “solving problems.” But the conventional wisdom of fixing weaknesses (i.e., find what’s wrong and try to correct it) has been shown to be limiting and ineffective in the long term. It can lead to uninspired individual and organizational performance and contribute to demotivation and stress. Focusing on what works and paying more attention to what intrinsically energizes people is a much more effective approach.
This new and interactive Physician Leadership Institute course will help participants accurately identify their personal strengths and leverage them using pragmatic strategies. It also offers ways leaders can identify and leverage the strengths of their people and teams to increase work engagement and well-being and drive innovation.
EXPECT TO LEARN HOW TO:
- recognize the value of a strengths-based approach to leadership;
- complete a strength-based assessment to uncover your unique strengths, talents and gifts and those of your team;
- describe how strengths-based approaches can facilitate improved engagement of health care professionals, reduce burnout and lead to better team and patient outcomes;
- examine strategies to build a strengths-based culture that values the unique gifts that everyone brings to the team and fosters a culture of engagement, diversity and inclusion;
- create a development plan to build on your strengths, while managing around your blind spots; and
- identify and encourage strengths-based approaches in peers and teams.
COST: $1,400.00 CMA member price. Non-member price $1750.00.
Note: Only 10 spots available for this popular course. Early registration is strongly encouraged.
Course description on CMA Joule website: Strength-Based Leadership | CMA Joule Inc.
Available Funding Through JCC Leadership Scholarship Program
Funding provides support for physicians wishing to access leadership and/or quality improvement training through accredited training organizations. Maximum funding of up to $10,000 per physician is available each fiscal year (April 1 – March 31) to cover actual tuition fees, accommodation and travel costs. Submission of receipts and proof of completion will be required for reimbursement. Physicians will receive reimbursement of the course fee upon JCC approval. Sessional fees are not provided. Physicians completing the course will receive CPD credits.
Specialist Services scholarship funding is available for physicians as certificants or fellows of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada who are actively and independently practicing in BC.
Physicians will be expected to participate in a scholarship program evaluation after course completion.
Endorsement is required from the Health Authority before the scholarship sub-committee can approve it.
Physicians must apply for scholarship funding before taking the course.
We can assist you through the scholarship process – here’s how:
- Interested physicians should register through the Register for Event button below before October 1, 2022. You will be contacted by a VJH Physician Society administrative member who will obtain more information from you and add you to a group application for the physician scholarship.
- Endorsed group applications are submitted on your behalf to the JCC Training team for approval. If approved, the physician will receive a claim form.
- The physician then registers and pays for the course through the Joule website.
- After completing the course, physicians must submit proof of completion, the accurately completed claim form, and all relevant receipts (i.e., for tuition and any expenses) to the JCC Training team. This must be submitted within a three-month of course completion.
- The physician will then receive reimbursement of the course fee, as well as a survey link to provide feedback on the course and the scholarship program.